Our four ‘Old Africa’ Style Houseboats ‘Inkwazi’, ‘Inyankuni‘, ‘Ngwesi‘ and ‘Madikubu‘ allow you to experience the quintessential Okavango experience. Sleeping on board you experience the rhythms of the Delta- the gentle lull of the river, the rise and fall of the sun, the haunting cry of the fish eagle and cheerful grunting of the hippo. Our boats are moored on the main channel of the Okavango river, near the village of Seronga, in an area that offers fantastic fishing, papyrus beds and charming palm islands.
With the main channel being deep and fast-flowing it is ideal for both the fighting Tiger fish and bream. Seventeen species of fish can be caught in the Panhandle area. Bird watching is also outstanding in the region’s tall, shady, riverine forests and many resident and migratory birds can be seen along the river. This area is accessible by road for 4 x 4 enthusiasts or by light aircraft.
Although relaxing on board satisfies many of our guests we offer excursions on tender boats to explore the Delta’s countless water channels, fishing and birdwatching as well as mokoro excursions, overnight camping trips, fishing and village tours. See our activities page for more information.
All of our boats offer the following facilities:
- Lounge/dining room, galley, semi-covered deck
- Tender Boats: 1 x Swamp cruisers
- Crew: A licensed boatman and chef
Each of our Houseboats offers its own unique flavour.
Wood and Brass accents in the bar and deck give this boat an ‘Old Africa’ feel.
- Pax: Maximum 23
- Cabins: 3 Single Cabins and 10 Twin Cabins
- Ablutions: 3 Single Cabins share 1 full bathroom (shower and toilet) and 10 Twin Cabins share 6 full bathrooms (shower and toilet)
The oldest of our fleet and still a favourite among regular visitors for its homely feel.
- Pax: Maximum 24
- Cabins: 2 Double Cabins with en-suite, 10 Twin Cabins
- Ablutions: 2 en-suite full bathrooms (shower and toilet); 4 toilets and 2 showers.
The newest of our vessels Madikubu (mother hippo in Setswana) offers a modern feel and a dining area on the upper deck.
- Pax: Maximum 20
- Cabins: 8 Twin Cabins & 2 en-suite Twins
- Ablutions: 2 en-suite Cabins, 4 shared full bathrooms (shower and toilet)
Recently joining us is perfect for smaller groups
- Pax: Maximum 16
- Cabins: 4 Double & 4 Twin Cabins with en-suite
- Ablutions: All 8 Cabins are en-suite